TERMS AND CONDITIONS – TONGJI INNOVATION LAB
TIB aims to create an interdisciplinary innovation and communication platform for all students (including international students) who study in Tongji University in all fields to showcase their quality, diversity and passion of innovation. Through a 3-minute presentation in English with 3 PPT expressing your own innovative ideas, research projects or social initiatives (with no restriction on themes, innovation is the only requirement), you can show other young talents and the public how to achieve a better future with your innovation and communicate with young makers and creative genius at the Innovation Lab.
Who can participate?
All students currently enrolled in Tongji University (undergraduate, master candidate, doctoral candidate, including international students) are welcomed to participate in Tongji Innovation Lab and it’s open to students in all majors.
*The participating audience and public jury of the Innovation Lab will also be open to recruitment at the end of May and the beginning of June.
1. All candidates of the Tongji Innovation Lab (TIL) should sign up before 2018.5.28 through the WeChat-Account of “中德联合创新实验室CDI”or by sending an email with the application form (download from cdh.tongji.edu.cn) to email@example.com.
2. The presentation must be given in person. If the project is a group effort, only one person can apply and participate as the presenter.
3. After the registration deadline, the organizers and experts will check the candidates' application materials and notify the selected candidates before 2018.6.2 who are able to take part in TIL-Final.
4. At the beginning of June we’ll organize tutorial lectures about innovation or speech skills in order to help participants perfect their ideas and perform better.
5. TIL is scheduled to be held at the Sino-German Innovation Lab (the third floor of Sino-German Building, Siping-Campus) from 16:00 to 20:30 on 12th of June, 2018. We’ll offer finger food for dinner.
6. The selected candidates should agree to give a three-minute presentation on TIL. The language of the presentation is English. The presentation must be within 3 minutes. Lots will be drawn on site to determine the sequence of the presentations.
7. Each presenter should prepare 3 PPT-slides: 1 introductory slide with name, major, institution and title of the presentation, and 2 content slides. The presenter must use the PowerPoint template provided by the organizers. It is also possible to bring other objects for display.
8. Presenters should clearly outline the problem to be solved and the corresponding solutions for achieving a bright future vision and present in simple ways. The jury will take the four following aspects into consideration: innovation and breakthrough, practicability and feasibility, importance and influence, and speech and performance.
9. After each presentation, the expert jury and the audience both have a chance to ask a question. The presenter’s response time should not exceed one minute for each question.
10. After finishing all the presentations, the total score of the presenter will be calculated including the scores of expert jury and public jury and the participation on the tutorial lecture with a proportion of 70%, 20% and 10%. The first, second and third prize of this event will be announced on site. The fund will respectively be 3,000 yuan, 2,000 yuan and 1,000 yuan. The remaining presenters in the final will also receive a fine gift.
11. After the presentation, all the presenters, judges, experts and audience are free to exchange their innovative ideas. Live band performances, refreshments and drinks will also be arranged.
- Every presenter’s talk must be in compliance with law, especially patent, trademark and copyright law. Plagiarism is forbidden. This event cannot be responsible for presenter’s violation of the law.
- The presentation shall not include indecent contents. The presenters are not allowed to give talks with an inflammatory political or religious agenda. This event is about science, innovation and development.
- The organizers of the event reserve the right to disqualify candidates from the event for cause. Such cause shall exist in particular in the event of breach of the candidates’ obligations pursuant to the two clauses above.
- All corporate partners of the event have access to all application documents (all data the applicants provide) for potential recruitment purposes. Application materials will be archived until 2018.12.31. Personal data will not be disclosed to unauthorized other parties.
5. Participation is obligatory for all selected participants. Should a candidate, for cause, not be able to participate in this activity, she/he must inform the organizers at least 5 days before the event. In any case, the organizers are entitled to invite other applicants to the activity as substitute.
6. By applying, the participant consents to the publication of any photos or video footage taken. Denial of consent must be given in written notice to the organizers 5 days prior to the event.
7. The organizers have the right to use the candidates’ photographs, personal data, and speech titles for event promotion and media campaign.
8. The jury will judge the top three of the final competition fairly. All decisions are final. The prize cannot be paid as a cash lump sum.